Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on January 21, 2022
Buying a power generator no matter how big or small is a large investment. Generators can be expensive and if you’re not sure how reliable your new purchase actually is, then it could feel risky.
It’s important for you to be able to depend on your generator when the power goes out unexpectedly. The last thing you need is to be worrying about a generator that doesn’t work in the middle of another disaster.
Because there are times where we needed a generator too, we did some research and testing to find one that would be a quality investment. Enter the Generac IX2000 portable generator. After testing it, we were not disappointed at all and were, in fact, extremely pleased with this lightweight, portable generator.
Although we highly recommend it, keep reading to see some of the cons. After all, no product is perfect and what matters is that the pros greatly outweigh its cons.
Generac IX2000 At A Glance
- A super lightweight, portable generator that weighs 40% less than competing generators.
- Generac IX2000 portable generator is capable of providing a constant 16 amp power that is perfectly crafted to resemble regular AC power. It also has a DC port so you can charge batteries if you need it.
- This IX2000 portable generator has a 126 cc engine that can output up to 2,200 watts of starting watts and 2,000 watts consistently.
- It has two power modes: eco and high. Eco-mode operates while conserving fuel and high-mode operates at full power. Both modes are fairly quiet and put out a maximum of 50 dBA which is only noisy if you’re standing right next to it.
- Automatic low oil shut down when the fuel gets low to prevent ruining the motor.
- In case of an overload, the circuit breaks immediately to save your electronics and connected devices.
- Two operational modes depending on your current need for power that can be changed with a switch.
- Easy to access the fuel tank on top of the generator.
- There’s an integrated handle on this generator that makes it super easy to carry around and transport. The generator isn’t awkward or clunky like some but the handle just makes it that much easier to carry around.
- With an easy switch, you can change the operational mode from eco to high or vice versa. You’ll save fuel on eco-mode without sacrificing power. The high mode is great for charging larger things that require a stronger power output. This generator can run for up to 6 hours even in high mode and the power output is consistent and strong. Even when we ran it in the heat a little above 36 degrees Celsius, the generator worked well and didn’t come close to overheating.
- The automatic shutdown and immediate circuit break really protect the devices you have plugged in. Instead of waning the power to only half or cutting in and out, this generator will run fully until it gets too low of fuel, starts to overheat, or is about to overload. Thankfully, the device is smart enough to cut off before any of these problems arise which can save you the hassle of ruining either the generator or the devices plugged in.
- It includes Two 5-20R outlets and a 12V battery charging outlet.
- One of the greatest things about this generator really is how lightweight it is. For how much power it provides, it’s incredibly light, easy to use, and easy to carry which is great for camping or traveling.
- The consistent, reliable power the Generac IX2000 generator puts out is fantastic! We didn’t have to worry about fluctuating power or if it would work. It’s constant.
- Even without the eco-mode on, this generator is pretty fuel-efficient. It can run a long time on the fuel you put in which is great if you don’t particularly enjoy refilling your generator after every use.
- With the built-in circuit breaker and automatic shutdown, everything you plug into this generator is pretty well protected. We didn’t have to worry about the power suddenly surging or frying anything we had plugged in because we knew we could rely on the generator to cut the power before it became a problem.
- It’s affordable! The Generac IX2000 generator is typically found on sale even though it’s already marketed at a pretty affordable price. For such a handy little generator with so much power, it does feel like it is a steal.
- It can be difficult to see how full the fuel tank is until it accidentally overflows.
- This generator isn’t the absolute quietest on the market, with one or two models running just a tad quieter.
Why Choose Generac IX2000?
This is the real question. There are so many other portable generators around that offer relatively similar features and may come from a brand you already trust, so why try the Generac IX2000 portable generator?
This IX2000 portable generator is impressive. There’s not really any other word we could use to describe it. It may not have as many fancy features as some and may have only a few outlets, but for the price, it’s incredible.
You’ll get consistent power every time you use it and can plug multiple high power devices in at once without overloading it. It has a long run time as well and is easy to carry around. We can’t think of another generator that comes in the same size and power that’s around the same price.
Even if you’re not looking for something particularly lightweight, you should certainly keep weight in mind when checking out generators. No one wants to lug around a clunky, heavy generator when camping or in the middle of a power outage.
The Generac IX2000 is 40% lighter than other inverter generators with the same power output and while at first, that may not seem important, it will be when you’re carrying it from the garage into the house for the fourth time.
Again, this generator has the ability to put out 2000 watts of power constantly and smoothly. It doesn’t struggle even with several things plugged in and the power doesn’t waver during use. For a generator capable of 16 amp power and 2000 watts, the Generac IX2000 is an absolute steal.
For the affordable price point, this is a well-performing generator with all the features you would need. It’s reliable, consistent, and easy to carry around. If you’re on the fence about it, we would certainly recommend it as you won’t find another model that gives such value for money.
Similar Buying Guide: